Sunday, January 23, 2011

Time is not my own.

A great temptation (specifically, but certainly not limited to, being in an academic environment like seminary) is to retreat to studies at the expense of human involvement.  It seems that the Lord has been challenging this issue in my heart lately.  Last week I headed into chapel and found that my desire was to find a seat away from people and get a little bit of reading done (I certainly have enough of it to fill many spare moments).  I didn't want to have to interact with anyone.  What to do, what to do?  Why are we here in seminary?  Is it to be better equipped to help people or is it to gain as much knowledge as possible?

Again, today I'm enjoying a fairly quiet afternoon at work and had just got out my Greek books to study some for an hour or so between activities when a couple of guys walk in and engage me in conversation.  I want to be very sensitive to not neglect my studies.  Yet, I also definitely want to be careful of neglecting those individuals that God may be sending my way to show His love.  Lord, help me to know.

Well, I guess I'll get back to studying Greek participles for a bit.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment