Sunday, July 31, 2011

Free Literature

I was perusing Christian Book Distributers for some bargain-priced books.  [Yes, even faithful bookcenter employees seek out books from other sources sometimes.]  As I was looking at volumes of Philip Schaff's church history set, I noticed that they also sell e-books (an endeavor of CBD to keep up with the changing book market).  For the low price of $2.39 (or somewhere around there), they will gladly sell you an electronic version each of these volumes, saying below the price "Christian Classics Ethereal Library / 2010 / ePub."


Ah, there it is - Christian Classics Ethereal Library.  This is a website I found a few years, that offers public domain Christian literature at no cost.  Calvin, Bunyan, Owen, Edwards, Schaff - all sorts of wonderful classics.  Their well-priced e-book came to them FREE (as it can to you) from www.ccel.org.  


Boo, CBD, says I.



1 comment:

  1. I've recently learned that ccel.org also sells e-books for about that price. Yes, you can read them free online or download a plain-text version for free, but if you want the nice looking and taggable e-book, you have to pay. Still...

    ReplyDelete